What is ‘Maslow Upside Down’?
Many amazing people came to share incredible wisdom with humanity, which are relevant for that time period. Yet life evolves, we become aware of more, consciousness expands into different directions and there is always another level and layer of truth to be discovered. Maslow came to gift the world with his hierarchy of needs. We are now living in a very different world and interconnected society through technology and communications, with easy access to information, which was not true for the 1940’s.
Many live their lives according to this needs-based paradigm, and believed that self-actualisation is dependent on your basic needs being fulfilled, as per his triangle of needs.
In the 21st century we now become aware of a different reality, one that is abundance- and possibility-based. We have seen so many people coming from poor conditions with many limitations, who turn this triangle upside down by thriving, innovating, self-actualising and transcending their circumstances. Something else drives them – not needs – but their inner genius, zest for life and potential.
In ‘Maslow Upside Down’ we:
We always start from a place of gratitude and sense for joy throughout the experience. We are grateful that we are able to tune into the collective intelligence and wisdom, and that we can contribute to the wellbeing of reality in this way. Thank you.
Tap into the collective intelligence and wisdom to sense into what it means for humanity’s wellbeing at this time to embrace an abundance-, possibility- and potential paradigm versus a needs-based paradigm
We do this by enacting our receptive, creative, conceptual and contextual abilities and all our senses, inner and outer, thus our physical 5 senses, our intuition, imagination and extra-sensory abilities.
We are able to
- Enact and enjoy a Universal Language that does not discriminate based on understanding, environment, development, age, gender, race, culture, status, role, preferences, generation, etc.
- Enact a variety of sensemaking processes, techniques and practices
- Be fully present to what emerges, as there is no need to defend, justify, explain, or protect insights and ideas emerging through the process
- Listen to receive, not to evaluate, understand, or respond
- Co-create context for whatever information, wisdom and insights emerge through the process
- Explore and apply this context on an individual and collective level, thus practical application that has personal value, symbolic meaning for humanity, and global impact
- Weave these insights together in a meaningful way, in the event that we enacted collective sensemaking in a group environment
- Expand the information by using our creative and conceptual abilities, and are introduced to many creative and embodied thinking techniques and practices
- Enact, stimulate, nourish and strengthen our receptive, creative, contextual and conceptual abilities, which are all extremely valuable in the 21st Century
- Take meaningful, relevant, aligned, synchronised, and coherent actions and interactions
- Track insights and the flow of ideas arising after the experience without losing fluidity, momentum, continuity and follow through
- Cultivate meaningful relationships and track degrees of connection
- Respect serendipity and trust synchronicity
- Elevate any group engagement to another level
- Transcend human dynamic challenges such as hidden agendas, pre-conceived ideas, rigid mind-sets, limited frames of reference, strong personalities and opinions
- Fuse different lines of thought, contradictory ideals, opposing forces and ideas, and embrace diversity and versatility in a graceful way
- Apply sensemaking in any context, situation, environment and industry, whether a personal, group, community, organisational or collective dilemma we need guidance, solutions and wisdom for
Who will benefit from this immersion?
All of Humanity
Leaders and politicians
Changemakers, pioneers and activists
Facilitators, conversationalists and catalysts
Thought Leaders, philosophers, and sensemakers
Entrepreneurs, inventors and innovators
Contributors to the workplace
Communities and organizations
Teams and groups
Coaches and mentors
Teachers and learners (students)
Parents and children
Conscious co-creators of the future
Anyone who wants to self-actualise and who is on a personal development and growth journey
Anyone who needs to fuse different lines of thought, contradictory ideals, opposing forces and ideas, and embrace diversity and versatility in a graceful way
Anyone who wants to transcend their circumstances and transform their lives
Anyone who no longer wants to live according to a needs-based paradigm
Anyone who wants to reach their potential and make their dreams a reality
Anyone who wants to embrace an abundance- and possibility-based paradigm
Anyone who has self-worth and confidence issues
Anyone who works with people
Anyone who leads, facilitates and participates in conversations, dialogue, and discussions
Anyone who leads, facilitates and participates in strategic, change, empowerment, learning, knowledge sharing, innovation and upliftment initiatives
Anyone who wants to discover how to tune into and tap into the collective intelligence and wisdom
Anyone who want to sense into what is emerging at this moment in time
Anyone who wants to become more aware, alert, connected, sensitive, attentive and responsive to what is emerging and happening in their environment
Anyone who wants to discover how to listen to receive, not to evaluate, understand, or respond
Anyone who wants to enact, stimulate, nourish and strengthen their sensemaking, receptive, creative, contextual and conceptual abilities
Anyone who struggles with active motion and follow through
Anyone who struggles to cultivate meaningful relationships
Any group who needs more alignment, harmony and coherence
Anyone who struggles to thrive, contribute and stay present in group environments where there are many opinionated individuals or strong personalities
Anyone who needs to elevate any group engagement to another level
Anyone who needs to transcend human dynamic challenges such as hidden agendas, pre-conceived ideas, rigid mind-sets, limited frames of reference, and opinions
Anyone who needs to introduce new concepts, paradigms, ideas or models of understanding
Anyone who needs to find solutions
Anyone who teaches and shares knowledge
Anyone who desires to transform division, dissonance and disconnection within their group, community, organisation, or the world
Anyone who wants to explore and stimulate creative thinking
Anyone who wants to begin to think independently
Anyone who wants to be able to entertain and listen to other view points
Anyone who feels stuck in their rightness and opinions
Anyone who wants to explore other possibilities
Anyone who no longer wants to be hostage to limiting mind-sets and judgment
Anyone who wants to make a significant contribution to the world
And so many more…
Value of experience: $450
Available at: $90
R1300 is an approximate equivalent of $90 – The Joy Generation accepts international payments.
Did you know…
In our JOYSense Immersions and Experiences we follow the path of resonance and sense for joy. That way we stay on track and follow the natural flow. Together, we tap into the collective intelligence and wisdom to discover insights and information that can assist us to elevate any group interaction and positively impact the way we relate, engage, co-create, manifest, synthesise, and actualise. Humanity seems not to be able to find solutions for our multitude personal-socio-economic-eco-geopolitical-culture dilemmas, even with easy access to information on the internet and knowledge, millions of academic papers and books published, and the ability to connect and communicate with ease through technology and communication. Furthermore we are not so clever and sophisticated as we think we are, as the way we treat each other, our planet and other creatures and organisms do not reflect that. We thus consult and sense into the collective intelligence and wisdom with reverence and respect to provide us with meaningful, relevant and practical guidance.
Our JOYSense immersions introduce us gracefully to sensemaking processes, techniques and practices that we can enact and apply to tune into and sense into the collective intelligence and wisdom, by using our inborn sensibilities and intelligence, both on a somatic and cognitive level.
Our JOYSense Immersions consist of 3 core elements, namely:
- Backdrop, wherein we share the context of the immersion
- A gentle transition to prepare us for the sensemaking experience
- And the sensemaking experience to tune into and sense into the collective intelligence and wisdom to guide us in terms of our theme
And a Surprise Bonus 15 minute Online JOYSense Session with Hannelie to share your experience and to explore questions and insights together that arose during your experience.
Passing on the Goodness
The nature of this experience, practices, techniques and subsequent unfolding and impact, is worth more than $450.00.
We understand the challenges of any group dynamics and group engagements, the need for humans to treat each other with respect, understanding, love, and reverence, and the need to resolve our dilemmas that affect all humans, our beautiful planet, and her creatures and organisms. It is our aspiration to therefor introduce sensemaking processes, techniques and practices to as many humans as possible and for that purpose made our immersions available at $90.
We share different techniques and practices in each of these 8 immersions, thus you have access to abundant resources.
Join our Facebook Community, namely our JOY Generation World Group, and share your experiences, insights and any inspirational and uplifting articles and stories. You are now a JOY Generator.
Want to transform your life, group, community, or organization?
Want to explore them all? Receive all 8 immersions for $600.00 and a copy of JOY Generator Han’s e-book ‘The Mystery of the 7 S’s – Collective Sensemaking – the alchemy between the Senses, Synchronicity and Serendipity’
Gift and Share forward
You also have the opportunity to gift an immersion to someone else. See our Gift Vouchers section.
This is not a once-off experience. You are able to enact, apply and integrate all techniques and practices used into any situation, environment, and into all the aspects of your life, your business, organizations, communities and groups. You are welcome to contact us for assistance to introduce discoveries, practices and insights into your context, environment and to integrate further into your own personal life and/or group and/or organization.
Seasoned Public Speakers and Facilitators, we are available to speak about and share embodied sensemaking experiences and wisdom relating to the collective intelligence and wisdom at your in-house events, public events, online events, conferences, webinars, and summits, regardless of the context, environment or industry, across the globe. We have been using our embodied sensemaking processes, which include generative action circles and the outflowing processes, to facilitate live strategic sessions, conferences and summits. Book a speaker of facilitator here. Connect with us to explore your specific requirements.